Officials said the driver was initially wanted for excessive speed. The chase began on the 14 Freeway near Newhall.
The driver was allegedly driving over 100 mph when they lost control of their vehicle on the 405 Freeway and violently crashed into the divider-- sending the car flying.
CHP took the suspect into custody. During a search of the car, they located large amounts of cash and a handgun.
WATCH MORE SOCAL PURSUITS:
- U-Haul pursuit ends; 2 suspects in custody after passenger attempted to slip away
- Dramatic half-hour Inglewood police chase ends with 1 in custody, 2nd person on the run
- Alleged double carjacking pursuit ends in South Bay Carl's Jr. parking lot after seemingly hitting pedestrian
- Suspect allegedly livestreamed their own police chase while driving across LA County
- Driver leads police on 2-county chase in LA, Ventura counties
- LA police chase suspect evades officers in high-speed chase on 10 Freeway
The southbound carpool lane was closed for some time following the crash.