Raymond Harry Purnell was charged with burglary after allegedly breaking into a home on Warwick Avenue in Santa Monica and ransacking the place.
- California man who kidnapped 26 children, buried them alive is recommended for parole
- Suspects on the run after armed robbery in Lake Balboa
- 3 men in their 20s die in fiery car crash in Anaheim neighborhood
- Homeless man arrested for rape of teen girl at knifepoint in Bell Gardens
- $100K worth of equipment stolen from Santa Monica Catholic church
According to police, a woman who lived there came home Monday night and confronted Purnell, 36, in her living room. Purnell was apparently holding a stick, according to the victim. Police say Purnell broke into the home through a window, and that a neighbor saw someone matching Purnell's description leave the home, jump off the roof and run away.
Officers then detained Purnell near 34th Street and Exposition Boulevard and say they found cards belonging to one of the home's residence on Purnell's person. Purnell was booked to the Santa Monica Police Jail.
Tune in to FOX 11 Los Angeles for the latest Southern California news.