LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Clippers have once again found a way to claw back from a nightmare 0-2 start in a best-of-7 playoff series. This time, knotting the series at 2-2 after beating the Utah Jazz 118-104 in Game 4.
Los Angeles' Kawhi Leonard finished Monday's win with 31 points and 7 rebounds while teammate Paul George finished with 31 points and 9 rebounds. Clippers' Marcus Morris finished with 24 points in Game 4.
The Clippers are hoping to take control of the series Wednesday for Game 5 in Salt Lake City.
- Game 1: Jazz 112, Clippers 109. Final.
- Game 2: Jazz 117, Clippers 111. Final.
- Game 3: Clippers 132, Jazz 106. Final.
- Game 4: Clippers 118, Jazz 104. Final.
- Game 5: Clippers at Jazz, Wednesday, June 16 | 7 p.m. PT
- Game 6: Jazz at Clippers, Friday, June 18 | TBD
- Game 7*: Clippers at Jazz, Sunday, June 20 | TBD
*= if necessary
HOW THEY GOT HERE
The Clippers punched a ticket to the Western Conference semis after outlasting Luka Doncic and the Dallas Mavericks in seven games in the first round of the NBA Playoffs. The Clips dropped the first three home games against the Mavs while winning all three games in Dallas and then taking Game 7 and the series at 4-3.
Prior to the first round, the Clippers secured the fourth seed in the Western Conference side of the bracket after finishing the COVID-shortened regular season with a 47-25 record.
The Jazz advanced to the second round after beating the Memphis Grizzlies in five games. Utah entered the NBA Playoffs as a No. 1 seed after finishing with the league-best 52-20 record.