FOX 11’s vaccine finder is connecting Ventura County residents with information about where you can get vaccinated, when you are eligible and where you can go to track available doses in your community.
- Vaccine available: Moderna
- Appointments for first vaccine is full, as of Wednesday, February 17. You can click here for more information. Appointments are only available for vaccine dose No. 2.
- Registration link: https://www.venturacountyrecovers.org/vaccine-information/
As of Feb. 24, the following categories/sectors can be vaccinated:
- Individuals aged 65 and older
- Healthcare workers
- Long-term care residents
- Essential workers in the following sectors: Food and Agriculture, Education and Childcare, Emergency Services
On Feb. 24, Ventura County announced a new goal of providing all school employees with their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine by the end of March, which is significantly sooner than had originally been anticipated. Effective immediately, school employees are eligible to make vaccination appointments on the county’s website at www.venturacountyrecovers.org/vaccine-information.
Beginning Mar. 15, the following residents will be eligible for a vaccine:
- Individuals aged 16-64 who are deemed to be at the very highest risk to get very sick from COVID-19 because they have the following severe health conditions:
- Cancer, current with weakened immune system
- Chronic kidney disease, stage 4 or above
- Chronic pulmonary disease, oxygen dependent
- Down syndrome
- Solid organ transplant, leading to a weakened immune system
- Sickle cell disease
- Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies (but not hypertension)
- Severe obesity (Body Mass Index ≥ 40 kg/m2)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus with hemoglobin A1c level greater than 7.5%
If as a result of a developmental or other severe high-risk disability one or more of the following applies:
- The individual is likely to develop severe life-threatening illness or death from COVID-19 infection
- Acquiring COVID-19 will limit the individual’s ability to receive ongoing care or services vital to their well-being and survival
- Providing adequate and timely COVID care will be particularly challenging as a result of the individual’s disability.
- For more information, see CDHP Provider bulletin.
Below is a map of locations offering the second dose of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine:
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.