Clippers can't solve 'Luka Magic' in Game 5 loss to Mavs
LOS ANGELES - The Clippers could not find an answer to Dallas Mavericks star Luka Doncic in Los Angeles' Game 5 loss 105-100.
Doncic finished Wednesday night's game with 42 points. Clippers' Kawhi Leonard answered with 20 points, 5 assists and 5 rebounds and teammate Paul George finished the game with 23 points, 6 assists and 10 rebounds.
The Clippers once again have their backs against the wall in the best-of-7 series as Los Angeles trails the series 3-2. The Clippers had bounced back in games 3 and 4 to even the series at 2-2 after dropping the first two games.
The Clippers are hoping to force a Game 7 as they face the Mavs in Dallas for Game 6 Friday.
- Game 1: Mavericks 113, Clippers 103. Final.
- Game 2: Mavericks 127, Clippers 121. Final.
- Game 3: Clippers 118, Mavericks 108. Final.
- Game 4: Clippers 106-81. Final
- Game 5: Mavericks 105, Clippers100. Final
- Game 6: Friday, June 4 in Dallas | 6 p.m. PT
- Game 7: Sunday, June 6 in Los Angeles | TBD*
Get your top stories delivered daily! Sign up for FOX 11’s Fast 5 newsletter. And, get breaking news alerts in the FOX 11 News app. Download for iOS or Android.
HOW THEY GOT HERE
The Clippers locked in home-court advantage this series after finishing the COVID-shortened regular season with a 47-25 record, giving Los Angeles the fourth seed.
The Mavericks secured the fifth seed after finishing the regular season with a 42-30 record.