LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles County will open eight cooling centers around the area Wednesday to give residents who need it a place to escape the area's second heat wave of the year.
The centers will be open from noon to 6 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday, and they will "operate in compliance with physical distancing and other safety criteria" due to the coronavirus pandemic.
(Rick Dickert, FOX 11)
The county cooling centers are located at:
• Ruben F. Salazar Park, 3864 Whittier Blvd., East Los Angeles;
• Valleydale Park, 5525 N. Lake Ellen Ave., Azusa;
• Mary M. Bethune Park, 1244 E. 61st St., Florence-Firestone;
• El Cariso Community Regional Park, 13100 Hubbard St., Sylmar;
• South Whittier Library, 11543 Colima Road;
• Loma Alta Park, 3330 Lincoln Ave., Altadena;
• Jackie Robinson Park, 8773 E. Avenue R, Sun Village; and
• Buena Vista Branch Library (City Facility), 300 N. Buena Vista St.,
Available locations may change, and a current list is available online, or by calling 211.