TORRANCE, Calif. - Despite temporary school closures due to the coronavirus outbreak, the Torrance Unified School District will continue to provide meals for its students, district officials said.
“We know that some families are struggling and trying to make sense of what’s happening…if we can help alleviate some of those concerns by having lunch and breakfast on a daily basis when school is out, we’re happy to be able to provide that,” Deputy Superintendent Dr. Tim Stowe told FOX 11.
The district will provide breakfast and lunch for students on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. The meals will be available for pick-up at the following locations:
• Torrance Elementary School, 2125 Lincoln Ave
• Carr Elementary School, 3404 168th Street
• Edison Elementary School, 3800 W 182nd Street
• J.H. Hull Middle School, 2080 231st Street
• Magruder Middle School, 4100 185th Street
• Sherry High School (breakfast only), 2600 Vine Avenue
Students must be present in order to receive the meals and anyone under the age of 18 is eligible to pick up the two meals, the district said.
The meal service will be available at the six locations until March 27.