Officials identify man killed on Metro Orange Line during the San Fernando Valley shooting rampage

The fourth man killed in Thursday's shooting rampage in the San Fernando Valley has been identified.

55-year-old Detwonia Harris was shot to death while in his seat at the bus station on Woodley Ave and Victory Blvd.

A vigil was held Saturday night at the scene of the shooting; candles, flowers, and pictures of Harris filled the bus station.

Harris' family lives in the Oakland area but Harris himself was currently living in Reseda.


The man accused of shooting Harris, 26-year-old Gerry Zaragoza, is also accused of killing his 56-year-old father, Carlos I. Zaragoza, his 33-year-old brother Carlos Pierre Zaragoza and 45-year-old Azucena Lepe.

According to the Los Angeles Police Department Zaragza went on a violent crime spree through the valley Thursday.

Around 2 a.m. Thursday Zaragoza shot and killed his father and brother and wounded his mother at their apartment in Canoga Park.

About 40 minutes later, he shot two people at a Shell gas station on Vineland Ave near Vanowen St in North Hollywood. The woman who was shot, 45-year-old Azucena Lepe, who relatives say was known as Susie, had a brief relationship with Zaragoza.

The man who was shot worked at the gas station and didn't know the suspect, officials say. Both victims were taken to the hospital where Lepe later died, the man was listed in critical condition.

Later in the morning around 7:20 a.m. Zaragoza attempted to rob a man outside a bank at Sherman way and Topanga Canyon Blvd. in Canoga Park. The suspect allegedly pulled a handgun on the 40-year-old but fled when he realized the victim had no money, police said.

A massive manhunt was initiated in order to locate Zaragoza. Just before 2 p.m. he was seen running from the Orange Line in Van Nuys after allegedly shooting Harris.

"He didn't even talk to his last victim,'' LAPD Capt. Billy Hayes said Thursday during a press conference. "He's getting off the bus and he turns and shoots the person. It doesn't look like there was any interaction between them.''

Following the shooting, police set up a perimeter from Woodley to Haskell Avenue, between Victory and Vanowen Street as they searched the area for Zaragoza.

The suspect was eventually located in Canoga Park, about seven miles from the bus station, and taken into custody.