BEVERLY HILLS (CNS / FOX 11) - Attorney Gloria Allred and other advocates for women's rights held a demonstration outside the Beverly Hills corporate offices of MGM Tuesday, calling on producer Mark Burnett to release outtake footage of Donald Trump while filming his reality show "The Apprentice.''
Opponents of the Republican presidential hopeful have said they suspect the footage could contain potentially damaging remarks similar to those revealed last week in a taped conversation between Trump and former "Access Hollywood'' host Billy Bush.
"Release the tapes,'' Carolyn Fowler of the California Democratic Party Women's Caucus said.
Burnett and MGM issued a statement Monday saying they do not have the legal right to release footage from "The Apprentice.''
"MGM owns Mark Burnett's production company and `The Apprentice' is one of its properties,'' according to the statement. "Despite reports to the contrary, Mark Burnett does not have the ability nor the right to release footage or other material from 'The Apprentice.' Various contractual and legal requirements also restrict MGM's ability to release such material."
Allred said she was sending a letter to Burnett, suggesting that he meet with her or agree to have a panel of retired judges review the legal restrictions that MGM claims are preventing any release of material.
"In view of the extreme public importance of the information on the recorded material, which would reveal Mr. Trump's conduct while filming `The Apprentice,' it is in the public's interest that disclosure be made immediately unless there's a legal prohibition on doing so,'' she wrote in the letter.
"Your immediate attention and response is requested. Time is of the essence.''
Allred said Monday she has been contacted by women who allege they were sexually harassed or abused by Trump, with the calls coming both before and after Friday's release of 2005 "Access Hollywood'' video footage in which Trump bragged about groping women.
Citing attorney-client privilege, Allred declined to talk about the details of the conversations. She also said she could not disclose how many women have contacted her.
"That's about all I can say for now, and we'll have to wait and see what happens next,'' Allred told City News Service.
Trump has apologized for the comments he made on the tapes, referring to his remarks as "locker room'' talk.
Copyright 2016 FOX 11 Los Angeles: Download our mobile app for breaking news alerts or to watch FOX 11 News | Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Be a citizen journalist for FOX 11 and get paid - download the Fresco News App today.