The best New Year's Eve and holiday events in SoCal
LOS ANGELES - Here is our list of the best holiday and New Year's Eve events that you don't want to miss around Southern California.
1) Agua Caliente's Light It Up NYE 2020: Dance the night away at the most spectacular New Year's Eve party in the Coachella Valley! Watch the Times Square Ball Drop, followed by their own Palm Springs-style 'ball drop' and spectacular firework show at midnight.
Tickets can be purchased at: www.sparesortcasino.com/psnye2020
2) EVE at Universal Studios Hollywood: Universal Studios Hollywood will count down to the New Year with their exclusive EVE party on December 31, 2019, with extended theme park hours to 2:00 a.m.
This New Year's Eve event is included in the price of theme park admission and invites guests to spend the day and night enjoying its many popular rides and attractions with a special park-wide countdown party featuring multiple entertainment hubs with DJs and live music, starting at 9:00 p.m. You can also enjoy the new Jurassic World—The Ride.
To purchase tickets for EVE or the Ultimate EVE package, guests can click here. Annual Pass members can also benefit from a variety of special incentives devised especially for these valued ticket holders. To learn more and to purchase tickets, Annual Pass members can click here.
3) The 27th annual Festival of Lights at The Mission Inn in Riverside:
Owners Duane and Kelly Roberts have been decorating the inn for 27 years using their own money so the event is free to the public.
With about 5 million twinkling lights and more than four hundred animated characters. Visitors can immerse themselves in the holiday spirit.
A charitable deed for a community of all ages to enjoy the holiday splendor of this historic landmark.
The festival runs through January 6th in downtown Riverside.
4) Celebrate New Year's Eve aboard The Queen Mary: Ring in 2020 aboard The Queen Mary with the largest fireworks show in Southern California at midnight! The Queen Mary’s New Year's Eve Past & Present invites revelers to travel back in time and voyage throughout the ship’s uniquely themed decks and ballrooms for spectacular live music, DJ's, dancers, and strolling entertainment.
For tickets: www.queenmary.com/events/upcoming-events/
5) Grand Park NYE LA: Grand Park in Downtown L.A. is a free, huge, family-friendly event.. 50,000 people will be hanging out at LA’s biggest party, which includes two stages of TBA live music, food trucks, art installations, photo booths, projection mapping, and much more. Cost: Free.
More info: www.nyela.grandparkla.org/