ANAHEIM, Calif. - The 'Happiest Place on Earth' has announced that it will reopen on July 17th.
It closed due to the pandemic on March 13.
While many people are happy about that, there are those who are adamantly against it.
More than 38,000 people have signed a petition on change.org asking for Disneyland to reopen at a later date.
Among the many comments on the page are the following:
Elena Morales said, "I work there. The last thing I wanna do is go back while this pandemic is getting worse."
And Janiece Ray said, "If you value the safety of your employees and patrons you should delay the opening date. Cases and deaths are only on the rise. I understand that you’re a huge company and you wanna make your money, but people are dying. We have no cure for covid19. We have no vaccine. Opening a theme park is wildly irresponsible. The deaths of thousands will be on your hands."
Disneyland Resort put out a statement saying they’ll have many safety measures in place such as :
· Mandatory face coverings for both cast members and guests
· The addition of hand-washing stations and physical barriers throughout the resort
· Reduced theme park capacity to ensure physical distancing
· Temperature checks for guests prior to entering the theme parks,
· Enhanced cleaning and sanitation throughout the resort
What do you think?
Should Disneyland reopen on July 17th?