LOS ANGELES (FOX 11) - Saturday is the 15th annual Museum Day and several museums in the Los Angeles area will be offering free admission.
The event is hosted by Smithsonian magazine.
Museum Day is a national celebration in which participating museums emulate the free admission policy at the Smithsonian Institution's Washington D.C.-based museums.
The local museums and cultural institutions participating include:
- The Wende Museum
- Flight Path Museum and Learning Center at LAX
- California African American Museum
- The Grammy Museum
- Japanese American National Museum
- Autry Museum of the American West
- Los Angeles Maritime Museum
- Museum of Latin American Art
- The Orange County Museum of Art and the Pacific Railroad Museum
- USC Pacific Asia Museum
- LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes
- The International Printing Museum
There are several other institutions participating in the event.
Those who are interested can visit the Smithsonian website to find a museum and download free tickets. A Museum Day ticket provides free admission for two people.
More than 450,000 tickets were downloaded for last year's event nationwide, according to the Smithsonian, with this year expected to attract more people than ever.
CNS contributed to this report