Melissa Hooper's Easy Breezy Aquafaba Chocolate Mousse recipe:
• 2/3 cup chickpea brine
• 1 cup chocolate, melted
1. Pour out the chickpea brine from a 15.5oz can of chickpeas. It will equal approximately ¾ of a cup, but it doesn’t have to be exact.
2. Place the chickpea brine into a large mixing bowl and using an electric mixer, mix until a stiff peak forms.
3. In another bowl, add the chocolate chunks. And, using a double boiler method, melt the chocolate until smooth, careful not to over cook or burn the chocolate. Or, if microwaving the chocolate, use half power setting and microwave for 30 seconds. If chunks of chocolate are still present, microwave again in 15 second intervals until completely melted.
4. Fold in the fluffy chickpea mixture into the melted chocolate, adding the chickpea mixture 1/3 cup at a time. Stir until fully combined and no white appears.
5. Fill glasses with chocolate mousse and refrigerate one hour.
6. Garnish and enjoy with extra chocolate, fresh berries, nuts or coconut.
Nutrition Facts per Serving
Servings per recipe: 4
*Recipe adapted from Sweet as Honey’s Vegan Chocolate Mousse