It's opening day at the LA County Fair
LOS ANGELES - Grab your sunscreen and bring your appetite! The LA County Fair at the Fairplex in Pomona is back. Get ready for the rides, concerts, and of course, all the fried food.
The LA County Fair opened Friday evening and will remain open through May 29 (closed Mondays, except Memorial Day, Tuesdays and Wednesdays). Season passes and single-day tickets are also now on sale online. Admission costs just $5.
The LA County Fair is celebrating its 101st anniversary.
Fair hours are 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily.
New foods with Fair industry culinary masters Chicken Charlie with his new Deep-fried S’mores and the "Midway Gourmet" Dominic Palmieri’s Cap’t Chicken Sandwich made with Berry Captain Crunch cereal; Loco Elote Ramen Noodle Cup; and Hot Cheetos, Pickles and Cheese Pizza.
Other attractions this year include:
- Sean Kenney's Animal Super Powers Made with LEGO® Bricks, a brand new exhibition featuring awe-inspiring sculptures made from LEGO® bricks. From the mind of acclaimed artist Sean Kenney, Animal Super Powers showcases more than 20 larger-than-life sculptures of creatures who have evolved to possess their very own "super powers" and invites guests to learn the science behind them. In Expo Hall 7.
- The Walking Tree of Life, a 9-foot-tall anthropomorphic tree that, through artistic performance, focuses on the positive affirmation of humans’ relationship with nature.
- Paul Bunyan Lumberjack Show – See professional lumberjacks carve intricate items with a chainsaw.
- Mariachis and Folklorico Dancing for Cinco de Mayo.
- Celebrate the Fair’s theme Spring Into Fair: Where Fun Blooms with the Flower & Garden Pavilion’s Hands That Cultivate
- Animals, animals, animals!
- Carnival rides
Admission Friday is $5 when purchased in advance, $30 at the gate. In a first, the fair has instituted "calendar pricing," with lower prices earlier in the run. Tickets for fairgoers ages 13-59 purchased in advance online are $15 Saturday and Sunday, and the three Thursdays, May 11, 18 and 25, $18 May 12-14; $21 May 19-21 and $25 May 26-29.
Tickets for children ages 6-12 and seniors 60 and older purchased in advance online are $10 from Saturday through May 18 and May 25, and $12 May 19- 21 and May 26-29.
Parking is $17 in advance online and $22 at the gate.
For more information, visit lacountyfair.com.