LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles-based Forever 21 clothing chain will begin closing 12 SoCal stores starting in January.
According to the O.C. Register, The 12 Southern California stores set to close in January include:
• Fashion Island, 1101 Newport Center Dr., Newport Beach
• South Bay Galleria, 1815 Hawthorne Blvd., Suite 188, Redondo Beach
• Montclair Plaza, 5060 Montclair Plaza Ln., #2121, Montclai
• 757 Spectrum Center Dr., Irvine-Pacific View Ventura Mall, 3301
• 1 E. Main St., #1260, Ventura
• Puente Hills Mall, 1600 S. Azusa Ave., #106, City of Industry
• The River at Rancho Mirage, 71800 Highway 111, Suite #B19, Rancho Mirage
• The Plant, 7888-2 Van Nuys Blvd., Van Nuys
• Tustin Marketplace, 2856 El Camino Real, Tustin
• 135 N. De Lacey Ave., Pasadena
• 500 N. Euclid Street, Anaheim
• 555 The Shops at Mission Viejo, Mission Viejo
'Those closures will result in nearly 300 layoffs, according to the EDD's website. But the agency's list doesn't include the stores in Irvine, Tustin and Mission Viejo, so the actual number of job losses will likely total 350 to 400. Company representatives could not be reached to confirm an exact number, the O.C.Register reported.
The clothing company filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in September.
Eventually, it will shut down all 178 stores.
At the height of its success, Forever 21 had more than 800 stores in 57 countries.