LOS ANGELES - If you haven't already received your California inflation relief payment, it looks like you may have to wait a little bit longer than previously anticipated.
The California Franchise Tax Board announced new dates for those who have yet to receive the Middle Class Tax Refund.
- Where is my California inflation relief check?
- California inflation relief payments: Here's when you'll get the money
- California inflation checks: How will I get paid?
- California inflation relief refund: Here's who's eligible for payment
- Millions of Californians could get $1,050 'inflation relief' checks from government: Do you qualify?
Here is the updated timeline from the Franchise Tax Board:
Direct deposit payments
GSS I or II direct deposit recipients
When: 10/07/2022 through 10/25/2022
When: 10/28/2022 through 11/14/2022
Photo courtesy Franchise Tax Board
Debit card payments
GSS I or II check recipients (last name beginning with A – E)
When: 10/24/2022 through 11/05/2022
GSS I or II check recipients (last name beginning with F – M)
When: 11/06/2022 through 11/19/2022
GSS I or II check recipients (last name beginning with N – V)
When: 11/20/2022 through 12/03/2022
GSS I or II check recipients (last name beginning with W – Z)
When: 12/04/2022 through 12/10/2022
Non-GSS recipients (last name beginning with A – L)
When: Will be announced after 11/07/2022
Non-GSS recipients (last name beginning with M – Z)
When: Will be announced after 11/21/2022
Direct deposit recipients who have changed their banking information since filing their 2020 tax return
When: 12/17/2022 through 01/14/2023
Californians are reminded that direct deposits typically occur within 3-5 business days from the issue date, but may vary by bank.
Allow up to 2 weeks from the issue date to receive your debit card by mail.
The FTB expects about 90% of direct deposits to be issued in October, with about 95% of all MCTR payments — direct deposit and debit cards combined — to be issued by the end of this year.
Payment amounts vary on income and 2020 taxes. Below is a breakdown of the expected payments, according to the Franchise Tax Board.
- AGI of $150,000 or less: $1,050 with dependent or $700 without
- AGI $150,001 to $250,000: $750 with dependent or $500 without.
- AGI of $250,001 to $500,000: $600 with dependent or $400 without.
Head of Household
- AGI of $150,000 or less: $700 with dependent or $350 without.
- AGI of $150,001 to $250,000: $500 with dependent or $250 without.
- AGI of $250,001 to $500,000: $400 with dependent or $200 without.
Those who file single
- AGI of $75,000 or less: $700 with dependent or $350 without.
- AGI of $75,001 to $125,000: $500 with dependent or $250 without.
- AGI of $125,001 to $250,000: $400 with dependent or $200 without
Single filers making more than $250,000 and joint filers making more than $500,000 are not eligible for payments.