A recent court document filed in Sarasota County revealed Brian Laundrie called his parents to tell them Gabby Petito was ‘gone’ two weeks before she was reported missing.
The Gabby Petito civil lawsuit in Florida appears headed to trial after a judge denied all of the motions to dismiss the case and gave the defendants 10 days to respond.
The letter has been revealed to the public in the Brian Laundrie case. This comes more than a year after Gabby Petito's death.
The Florida woman, through her attorney, claims the missive was penned before her son embarked on a June 2021 cross country trip with his 22-year-old fiancee Gabby Petito, who was found dead September 19, 2021 near Wyoming's Grand Teton National Park.
The legal dispute between the families of Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie was back to court Wednesday in Sarasota. At the center of the civil case is whether Laundrie's family secretly knew Petito was dead while posturing publicly as though she could still be alive.
The attorney for Brian Laundrie's family is seeking copies of all the family's texts, calls and other phone records for a six-month stretch of 2021 obtained by the parents of Gabby Petito as part of a Florida civil suit connected to the travel blogger's murder.
The trial in the civil case filed by the parents of Gabby Petito against the parents of Brian Laundrie has been pushed back to spring 2024, but first, the judge has to decide on two key parts of the potential trial.
A new photo from the phone of Gabby Petito shows her injuries just before she and Brian Laundrie were in contact with the Moab, Utah police department, according to lawyers for the slain girl's family.
The legislation would create what's called a “Lethality Assessment Protocol” to help screen for risks of intimate partner violence and gauge when people are in danger.
A Sarasota judge has agreed to add Brian Laundrie’s former family lawyer as a co-defendant in a lawsuit against Brian’s parents for damages related to the disappearance and death of Gabby Petito.
Chris and Roberta Laundrie wanted to avoid the "emotional distress and embarrassment" of testifying in a civil trial, where they would face the parents of the young woman their son is believed to have killed.
A final judgment in the civil lawsuit against the family of Brian Laundrie says his estate must pay $3 million to the estate of the girlfriend he killed – Gabby Petito – back in 2021.
The Moab City Police Department was told back in August it had 60 days to respond to a wrongful death lawsuit filed by the family of Gabby Petito, who was presumably killed by her boyfriend, Brian Laundrie, days after the agency’s officers responded to a possible instance of domestic violence between the couple.
Gabby Petito's family on Friday praised a new, bipartisan Senate bill to help find missing persons as a "huge step forward."
The family of Gabby Petito is using their pain as motivation to help others a year after her death.
Eric Pratt of the Moab Police Department is now a detective, photos show.
Nearly one year after Utah police officers responded to a domestic violence report between Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie, her family will file a wrongful death lawsuit, seeking $50 million in damages. "If officers had been properly trained and followed the law, Gabby would still be alive today."
Through a $100,000 donation from the Gabby Petito Foundation, Gabby's mother is now partnering with the National Domestic Violence Hotline to help others survive turbulent and violent relationships.
A Sarasota County judge has decided to move forward with the lawsuit against Brian Laundrie's parents, which claims they knew their son murdered Gabby Petito as authorities were searching for her.
Gabby Petito's mother says she's "fed up" and that the "truth will be revealed," days after the release of Brian Laundrie's notebook confession where he admitted to killing Gabby.