Teen stuck in chimney rescued by Oxnard firefighters
OXNARD, Calif. (FOX 11) - Firefighters in Oxnard rescued a teenage boy who got stuck in an apartment complex chimney.
According to the Oxnard Fire Department's Twitter page, the rescue call came in around 3:00am to the 1000 block of Kelp Lane in Oxnard. The chimney is reportedly attached to a leasing office for the complex.
As you can see in the pictures, the firefighters had to demolish part of the chimney to get the 15-year old boy out from the chimney shaft. The rescue took about three hours.
The boy was taken to a local hospital for treatment of his injuries, but has since been turned over to Oxnard Police where he is suspected of commercial burglary.
(Photo source: Oxnard Fire Department on Twitter: @OxnardFire)
Copyright 2015 FOX 11 Los Angeles : Download our mobile app for breaking news alerts or to watch FOX 11 News | Follow us on Facebook , Twitter and YouTube .