Suspect accused of killing four people taken into custody in Canoga Park

A man who allegedly went on a violent crime spree killing four in the San Fernando Valley is now in police custody.

Gerry Dean Zaragoza, 26, was taken into custody around 2 p.m. in the area of Canoga Ave. and Gault St.

He is accused of killing his 50-year-old father and his 20-year-old brother inside their Canoga Park apartment, along with a woman at a North Hollywood gas station and another person on the Metro Orange Line.

Police say Zaragoza also attempted to rob a man outside a bank in Canoga Park.

Related: Person found dead near Metro Orange Line bus in Van Nuys; Murder suspect in custody

Police: Manhunt underway after attempted robbery, series of shootings in San Fernando Valley

The first shooting happened around 2 a.m. at an apartment on Roscoe and Topanga Canyon boulevards. Zaragoza shot his father and brother to death and wounded his mother. She was taken to the hospital in stable condition.

The second shooting happened about 45 minutes later at a Shell gas station in on Vineland Ave. and Vanowen St. Two gas station clerks were shot; they were both taken to the hospital where the female victim passed away. The male victim underwent surgery and was listed in critical condition.

The Los Angeles Police Department says the suspect knew both victims, the woman who died was the suspect's ex-girlfriend.

Police initiated a massive manhunt in order to track down Zaragoza. Police say he was seen driving a blue Jeep Liberty with red, white and yellow paper plates.

Hours later, police say Zaragoza attempted to rob a man outside a Bank of America on Sherman Way and Topanga Canyon Blvd. just before 8:30 a.m. Police say he approached a man in his 40's with a gun and asked for cash. The suspect was unsuccessful in getting any money and fled the area.

Around 1 p.m. the investigation led officers to the Metro Orange Line on Victory Blvd. and Woodley Ave. Officers say a 56-year-old man was shot dead in his seat on the bus; and a suspect matching the description of Zaragoza was seen running from the scene.

Police set a large perimeter around the bus station as they continued to search for the suspect. They advised people living in area to lock their windows and doors as the suspect was considered ‘armed and dangerous'.

At this moment detectives do not know if Zaragoza knew the person on the bus or what their relationship was.

During a press conference police said they will be reviewing surveillance video and speaking to witnesses in order to find a motive for the fatal bus shooting.

Around 3 p.m. police announced the arrest of Zaragoza. He was taken into custody in Canoga Park.

Police say he was armed at the time of the arrest. Officials are working to determine what caused Zaragoza to go on this violent crime spree.