Salmonella risk prompts grated cheese recall
(FOX 13) - Several varieties of grated cheese are being voluntarily recalled by 4C Foods Corp. due to possible contamination with Salmonella.
The recall was of a nationwide distribution and includes products packed in 6 oz. vacuum-sealed glass jars, with BEST BY dates between November 12, 2016 and November 12, 2018 and packaged in cases of either 6 or 12 jars per case. Products include:
- 4C All Natural Parmesan Grated Cheese (UPC 41387-33126)
- 4C All Natural Parmesan/Romano Grated Cheese (UPC 41387-37126)
- 4C All Natural 100% Imported Italian Pecorino Romano Cheese (UPC 41387-77126)
- 4C HomeStyle All Natural Parmesan Grated Cheese (UPC 41387-32790)
- 4C HomeStyle All Natural Parmesan/Romano Grated Cheese (UPC 41387-11627)
- 4C HomeStyle All Natural 100% Imported Italian Pecorino Romano Cheese (UPC 41387-12302)
- Cento Parmesan Grated Cheese (UPC 70796-90502)
- Cento Romano Grated Cheese (UPC 70796-90501)
No illnesses have been reported related to these products. The company said it was voluntarily recalling the products out of an abundance of caution after FDA testing revealed the issue.
Consumers are asked to return the product to the place of purchase for a full refund.
For more information on this and other FDA recalls, visit: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm529342.htm?source=govdelivery&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery