Rapper YG's Hollywood Hills home raided by deputies in connection with pursuit, fatal shooting

Deputies were granted a search warrant to raid rapper YG's home Thursday morning to seek evidence involving a pursuit that turned into a deadly deputy-involved shooting in Compton earlier this month.

YG was not at his home during the raid, officials confirmed.

Several people were detained, but no arrests were made during the raid at the rapper's home located off the Sunset Strip.

The 29-year-old rapper and Compton native, born Keenon Jackson, posted on social media to state that he was not involved with the events that took place July 5. "I was nowhere near the scene of the incident, I was in Hollywood recording in the studio all day. I was there until after midnight on the 4th of July and didn't learn of these events until after they happened!" he said.

Although YG was not present, an SUV registered in his name to a Sherman Oaks address was involved, according to authorities.

RELATED: Body found in deputy-involved shooting in Compton

The shooting occurred July 3 around 11:35 p.m. Deputies in Inglewood were in pursuit of a motorist driving a Cadillac Escalade suspected of reckless driving that may have been under the influence, said authorities.

Once the pursuit headed toward Compton, someone inside the Escalade started to shoot at deputies with an assault rifle on the corner of Spurce Street and Aranbe Avenue, located near the intersection of Rosecrans and Wilmington avenues, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Information Bureau said. The suspect also reportedly fired shots at a sheriff's helicopter during the chase.

An innocent bystander was shot and killed when deputies exchanged gunfire with the suspect.

A deputy suffered minor injuries exchanging gunfire with the suspect. The deputy was treated and released.

The pursuit ended near the intersection of Manchester Boulevard and Inglewood Avenue where the suspects fled YG's SUV by foot. Police apprehended one of the men, but at least one other suspect and the assault rifle used to exchange gunfire with officers were not located.

While at the scene, deputies discovered a man in his 60s, who had been riding his bike, on the corner of Spruce Street and Aranbe Avenue.The victim, later identified as 65-year-old Ricky Cornell Starks suffered multiple gunshot wounds and was pronounced dead at the scene.

"At this point, it is unknown if the victim was shot by the suspect in the fleeing Escalade or if he was caught in the crossfire from the deputy-involved shooting," the Sheriff's Information Bureau said.

Sheriff's homicide bureau detectives asked anyone with information regarding the pursuit or deputy-involved shooting to call 323-890-5500.

The investigation is ongoing.

City News Service contributed to this report