SANTA ANA, Calif. - The Orange County District Attorney's Office filed 12 felony charges against a 45-year-old Montebello man accused of kidnapping and raping a Santa Ana child under the age of 11 years old in 2012.
Francisco Javier Lopez was charged with:
- One felony count of kidnapping to commit a sex offense
- One felony count of oral copulation of a child under 11 years old
- Three felony counts of sexual penetration of a child under the age of 11
- One felony count of sexual intercourse with a child under the age of 11
- Five felony counts of a forcible lewd and lascivious act with a child under the age of 14
- and one felony count of dissuading a witness
Lopez was also charged with "four sentencing enhancements of causing bodily injury to a child under 14 and aggravated kidnapping," the OC District Attorney's Office said.
Lopez faces life without the possibility of parole if he's convicted of all charges. He is currently being held at the Theo Lacy Facility in the city of Orange, authorities said.