Man hospitalized after e-cigarette explodes in his pocket

Caught on video, a Kentucky man is in the hospital this morning with second-degree burns after an e-cigarette battery exploded in his pocket.

Josh Hamilton was at a convenience store buying snacks when the smoking device burst into flames - shooting sparks around the cash register area.

He quickly ran outside and took off his pants and the clerk grabbed a fire extinguisher to put him out.

Hamilton says it felt like fireworks were going off in his pocket.

Copyright 2016 FOX 11 Los Angeles : Download our mobile app for breaking news alerts or to watch FOX 11 News | Follow us on Facebook , Twitter and YouTube .