LOS ANGELES - The following freeways are now open in the Saddleridge Fire area, according to Caltrans:
• The southbound Antelope Valley 14 Freeway;
• The eastbound Ronald Reagan 118 Freeway;
• The northbound San Diego 405 Freeway;
• The northbound and southbound Golden State 5 Freeway;
• The northbound Golden State Freeway connector to the northbound Antelope Valley Freeway;
• The eastbound Foothill 210 Freeway at the Golden State Freeway;
• The westbound Foothill Freeway at the Ronald Reagan Freeway
• The northbound Golden State Freeway truck route.
• The southbound Golden State Freeway truck route, the southbound
Antelope Valley Freeway to the southbound Golden State Freeway truck route and the northbound Golden State Freeway to the northbound Antelope Valley Freeway truck route all remain closed as of Saturday morning at 6:00 a.m.
The Saddleridge Fire in Sylmar has charred 7,500 acres with 13-percent containment as of Saturday morning. The wildfire broke out Thursday around 9 p.m. near the 210 Freeway at Yarnel Street.
The massive fire closed several streets and freeways in the area, causing a major traffic nightmare.