LOS ANGELES (FOX 11) - --UPDATE--
Two teenage boys have been arrested in connection with the death of a 15-year-old girl, whose body was found in an industrial area of Compton on March 25, 2019.
Detectives detained a 15-year-old Hispanic male on March 30, who was allegedly "present at the time of the homicide" and involved in events following the death of Samantha Bustos Vital, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.
Detectives interviewed the teen and subsequently booked him for murder, authorities said.
On Tuesday, detectives received information regarding an additional 15-year-old Hispanic male and responded to his residence. Authorities said the teen fled and was located on an adjacent rooftop.
A short time later, the male juvenile was detained. During questioning, detectives said the teen "implicated himself" in the shooting death of Bustos Vital and was also booked for murder.
An autopsy report revealed that Bustos suffered a gunshot wound to the upper torso, the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department said.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information on this case is asked to call the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Bureau at 323-890-5500.
The body of the teen girl was discovered on the grounds of a business located in the 400 block of Victoria Street.
The teen had been missing since Friday, March 22, according to family members. Bustos' family formally reported her missing on Sunday, 48-hours after she was last seen on Caldwell Street in Compton. According to her family, the 15-year-old told her mother she was going to a sleepover with her best friend, but they had actually gone to a party.
The L.A. Sheriff's Department said the body appeared to have suffered traumatic injury to the upper torso. The cause of her death has not yet been released.
A GoFundMe account has been set up by Samantha's uncle, Jose Bautista, to help the family with funeral expenses.