Woman warns others about eyelash extension dangers after severe allergic reaction

A woman is speaking out about the dangers of eyelash extensions after developing a severe allergic reaction to the treatment.

Ottawa resident, Isabelle Kun, had a new set of false eyelashes applied by an esthetician at a spa last Tuesday. By Thursday morning, Kun says her eyes were swollen almost complete shut.

"My girlfriend had slept over and I couldn't even see her. And, I was having a hard time swallowing and even breathing," she told CTVNews.ca by phone.

The 20-year-old was rushed to the hospital where she was admitted immediately.

"They took me right in within seconds when they saw my face. My eyes are swollen both above and under and my tonsils were apparently really inflamed," she says.

Read full story on FOXNEWS.COM

Copyright 2018 FOX 11 Los Angeles : Download our mobile app for breaking news alerts or to watch FOX 11 News | Follow us on Facebook , Twitter , Instagram and YouTube .