LOS ANGELES, Calif. (FOX 11) - Tata Harper is known for her 100 percent natural and non-toxic skincare and makeup line.
She joined us on Good Day LA to show some easy DIY holiday beauty treatments: Ginger detox bath scrub, hair mask and smoothing and plumping lip scrub.
#1 SMOOTHING & PLUMPING LIP SCRUB
◦ 2 tbsp. fine brown sugar
◦ 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
◦ 1/2 tbsp. raw honey
◦ Combine ingredients in mixing bowl
◦ Apply to lips with fingertips and polish to slough off dry skin
◦ The lemon / lemon zest has a lot of vitamin C, AHA, citric acid. Good oils in the rind
◦ Rinse with warm water
◦ Follow with hydrating oil or lip balm
#2 GINGER DETOX BATH SCRUB
◦ 2/3 cup Himalayan Sea Salt
◦ 2 Cups powdered milk
◦ 3 pieces of ginger
◦ 1/3 cup baking soda
◦ 1 cup apple cider vinegar
◦ Mash up pieces of ginger / finely shop
◦ Combine dry ingredients in a bowl
◦ Mix into a hot running bath with the vinegar
◦ Soak for up to 45 mins. Drink water to rehydrate throughout.
◦ Great treatment when you're fighting a cold! Best used before bed.
#3 HAIR MASK - FOR SUPER SHINY HAIR
◦ 2 tsp Shea Butter
◦ 1tsp Coconut Oil
◦ 1tsp Rosemary essential oil
◦ 1tsp Lavender essential oil
◦ Can also add - Argon Oil, Chamomile Oil, etc.
◦ One Avocado and one banana
◦ ½ tsp raw honey
◦ Mashed banana - helps tame frizz, good for curly and wavy hair
◦ To be done before shampooing
◦ Melt butter, mix it, let solidify so It can saturate the hair
◦ Mix essential oils
◦ Mash banana and avocado
◦ Mix everything together and then saturate the hair