Coroner: KTLA news anchor Chris Burrous died of 'methamphetamine toxicity'
LOS ANGELES, Calif. (FOX 11) - KTLA news anchor Chris Burrous died of methamphetamine toxicity, or meth overdose, according to the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office.
His death has been ruled accidental.
The Coroner's Office also said, "Other contributing factors include hypertensive and atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease."
Burrous was found unconscious in a Glendale motel room on Dec. 27, 2018.
Police received a call about 1:15 p.m. from an individual who reported a man he was with at the Days Inn, located at 450 Pioneer Drive, had passed out and was possibly not breathing, said Sgt. Dan Suttles of the Glendale Police Department at the time.
Glendale firefighters responded to the scene and found Burrous, 43, down inside a room and not breathing, Suttles said. CPR was administered and he was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Burrous is survived by his wife of 15 years, Mai Do-Burrous, and their nine-year-old daughter, Isabella.