LONG BEACH, Calif. - Public pools in the City of Long Beach reopened Monday with restrictions and increased cleaning procedures.
Belmont Plaza Pool and Martin Luther King, Jr. Park Pool reopened Monday, June 29 for lap swim and water exercise classes. The two public pools are set to start offering swim lessons on July 6.
The Silverado Park Pool reopens to the public on Monday, July 6.
Reservations are now required for those who wish to lap swim or participate in water exercise.
Officials said lap swim will be limited to 45-minute sessions and for one person per lane. In addition, water exercise classes will also require reservations and will have limited capacity to allow for physical distancing.
"It’s wonderful. I like how it’s all set up…very well organized," a resident told FOX 11. "We got really good instructions from lifeguards. I’m a healthcare provider so it’s necessary to be able to get in the water…I love it."
The hours for each city pool are listed below:
Belmont Plaza Pool
• Weekdays, 5:30 a.m. to 9:15 a.m.; 10 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
• Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7 p.m. to 8:45 p.m.
• Weekends, 8 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
• Deep Water: Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 10:05 to 10:45 a.m.
• Shallow Water: Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 11:05 to 11:45 a.m.; Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7:05 to 7:45 p.m.
Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Pool
• Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, 6 a.m. to 8 a.m.
• Sundays through Saturdays: Noon to 1 p.m.
• Shallow Water: Mondays and Wednesdays, 6 p.m. to 6:50 p.m.
• Deep Water Aerobics: Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, 6:30 a.m. to 7:20 a.m.
• Shallow Water Aerobics: Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, 8 a.m. to 8:50 a.m.
Silverado Community Pool
• Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. 6:30 a.m. to 8:15 a.m.
• Weekdays, 12:30 p.m. to 1:15 p.m.
• Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays, 6:30 p.m. to 7:15 p.m.
• Weekends, 12:15 p.m. to 1 p.m.
• Deep Water: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays, 10:05 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
• Shallow Water: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays, 11:05 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.