LOS ANGELES - Despite a dominant performance from Kawhi Leonard, the Clippers could not find an answer for "Luka Magic" in Los Angeles' 127-121 loss to the Dallas Mavericks in Game 2.
Doncic finished the game with 39 points as Leonard scored 41. Leonard had a monster first half for Los Angeles as he finished the first half with 30 points, scoring 10 of 14 field goals.
With Tuesday's loss, the Clippers fall into a 2-0 hole in the best-of-7 series.
Los Angeles dropped the series opener in a 113-103 loss to the Mavericks at home. Dallas' Luka Doncic finished Game 1 with a triple-double of 31 points, 10 rebounds and 11 assists in the road win over the Clips.
- Game 1: Mavericks 113, Clippers 103. Final.
- Game 2: Mavericks 127, Clippers 121. Final.
- Game 3: Friday, May 28 in Dallas, 6:30 p.m. PT
- Game 4: Sunday, May 30 in Dallas, 6:30 p.m. PT
- Game 5: Wednesday, June 2 in Los Angeles | TBD*
- Game 6: Friday, June 4 in Dallas | TBD*
- Game 7: Sunday, June 6 in Los Angeles | TBD*
HOW THEY GOT HERE
The Clippers locked in home-court advantage after finishing the COVID-shortened regular season with a 47-25 record, giving Los Angeles the fourth seed.
The Mavericks secured the fifth seed after finishing the regular season with a 42-30 record.