LOS ANGELES (FOX 11) - A mother was charged with the murder of her 9-year-old daughter whose body was discovered stuffed inside a duffle bag near a hiking trail in Hacienda Heights, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office announced Wednesday.
Taquesta Graham, 28, was charged with one count of murder in the death of 9-year-old Trinity Love Jones. She is scheduled to be arraigned Wednesday afternoon at the Los Angeles County Superior Court.
- Mother of Hacienda Heights little girl booked on homicide charges
- Criminal charges being prepared for mother of little girl found in duffel bag
- Homicide detectives need help identifying child found dead near hiking trail in Hacienda Heights
- Girl found dead in duffel bag identified as 9-year-old Trinity Jones; 2 people detained
- Mom's boyfriend expected to be charged in death of girl whose body was dumped, stuffed in duffel bag
- Mom's boyfriend, a convicted child abuser, charged in death of girl stuffed in duffel bag
Graham and her boyfriend, Emiel Lamar Hunt, 38, are accused of killing Trinity J., on or around March 1, according to the criminal complaint. The girl’s body was found in a duffel bag on March 5 along an equestrian trail near Colima Road and Hacienda Boulevard in Hacienda Heights.
Hunt was charged earlier this month with one count of murder in the same case. He was convicted of child abuse with great bodily injury in San Diego County in 2005, according to the criminal complaint.
In 2016, Graham was convicted of enticing a minor for prostitution in San Bernardino County, the criminal complaint said.
If convicted as charged, Graham faces a possible maximum sentence of 26 years to life in state prison. Hunt faces up to 55 years to life in prison.