TUSTIN (FOX 11 / CNS) - Two people detectives said they believed were involved in an assault and no-hit shooting in Anaheim last month were arrested Wednesday after a chase that ended with a crash in Tustin.
The 15-minute chase began about 4 p.m. after a car left a home in Santa Ana, according to police and reports from the scene.
The residence had been under surveillance by Anaheim police gang detectives seeking a female suspect involved a Nov. 28 assault at Rose and Sycamore streets in Anaheim, police said.
During the assault, one male beat another with a pipe and then fired shots at witnesses from a getaway car driven by a female, according to Anaheim police Sgt. Daron Wyatt, who said leads led detectives to identify the driver and the vehicle.
After a car left the Santa Ana residence today, marked Tustin police units tried to pull it over, but the driver wouldn't yield, prompting the chase, which ended in a residential neighborhood in the area of Andrews Street
and Estero Circle, according to police and reports from the scene.
"The suspects from the pursuit were ultimately arrested and (investigators) are working to determine if they are the suspects from the shooting,'' Wyatt said.
"The female from the pursuit has been identified as the driver from the original assault. A gun was recovered during the pursuit which matches the gun from the shooting.''
Investigators said they believe the male was the shooter, according to Wyatt.
The fleeing car was involved in multiple crashes during the chase, Tustin police Lt. Bob Wright told The Orange County Register, which reported that two children who were in the car were not injured.
No one was injured by the shots fired on Nov. 28, Wyatt said.
Copyright 2016 FOX 11 Los Angeles: Download our mobile app for breaking news alerts or to watch FOX 11 News | Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Be a citizen journalist for FOX 11 and get paid – download the Fresco News App today.