GREEN, Ohio (FOX 11 / AP) - The mother and grandmother of a teen who died from a suspected heroin overdose at an Ohio hotel have been charged in his death.
Authorities say they believe 16-year-old Andrew Frye, his mother and her friend used heroin together at the hotel in the Akron suburb of Green before he was found dead Wednesday night.
A coroner says the boy possibly overdosed on heroin, and syringes and drug paraphernalia were found in the room. Authorities are investigating whether his grandmother bought the drugs.
His mother, Heather Frye, and grandmother, Brenda Frye, have been charged with involuntary manslaughter. Court records don't list an attorney for the women, who are from Akron. There were no telephone listings for them.
The mother's friend was charged with tampering with evidence and drug possession.
Copyright 2016 FOX 11 Los Angeles : Download our mobile app for breaking news alerts or to watch FOX 11 News | Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Be a citizen journalist for FOX 11 and get paid – download the Fresco News App today.