(FOX News) - A Wisconsin freshman is being hailed a hero after he sprung into action and saved his choking classmate.
Ian Brown was eating lunch with his friends Wednesday at Central High School in La Crosse when his friend started coughing and motioning that he was choking.
Central school nurse Kim Mahlum told police that several of the teens at the table thought the student was joking.
When Brown noticed that the victim's face and neck began changing color, he realized the student was in trouble.
Copyright 2017 FOX 11 Los Angeles: Download our mobile app for breaking news alerts or to watch FOX 11 News | Follow us on Facebook, Twitter , Instagram and YouTube. Be a citizen journalist for FOX 11 and get paid – download the Fresco News App today.