Woman at center of Kevin Hart's alleged extortion scandal speaks out

- A woman on Wednesday admitted an intimate relationship with actor-comedian Kevin Hart, but said she had nothing to do with an alleged extortion attempt against the married star.

Mobile app users, click here to watch video on Facebook.

Montia Sabbag spoke to reporters in Woodland Hills alongside her attorney Lisa Bloom, who painted Sabbag as a victim, as well. Bloom said someone secretly videotaped her client with Hart in a Las Vegas hotel room.

"I was involved with Kevin Hart a month ago,'' Sabbag said. "Since then my pictures and my name have been released with lies written about me. I'm not an extortionist. I'm not a stripper. I'm a recording artist and an actress and I have not broken any laws.''

The woman said she had nothing to do with the recordings and did not know who was involved.

Bloom said she planned to contact law enforcement authorities about the alleged crimes committed against her client. TMZ reported that law enforcement officers were seeking "multiple'' search warrants in connection with whomever might have attempted to extort at least $10 million from Hart in exchange for keeping the alleged sex tape under wraps.

Authorities believe the sex video was shot on an iPhone, so authorities are particularly interested in that device, according to TMZ.

Hart posted a video online earlier this week in which he confessed to making poor decisions and apologized to his pregnant wife and children, saying he'd rather admit to the truth that give in to blackmailers.

Bloom said her client "is a crime victim. Someone apparently snuck cameras into Kevin Hart's private hotel suite in Las Vegas and recorded bedroom images of the two of them.''

"It is a crime to secretly put cameras in a private place like a hotel room,'' the attorney said. "It is another crime to secretly record people in a private place. It is yet another crime to distribute those images. Montia is the victim of multiple felonies under state and federal laws."

Bloom repeated that she and her client were not pursuing compensation from Hart, but were inviting Hart to help in bringing those involved to justice.

"Montia and I are not asking for a cent from Kevin Hart," Bloom said. "This is not about money. We are not suing him. We are not making any claims against him. Any reports to the contrary are false. Kevin Hart appears to be the victim of this criminal, just as Montia is a victim of this criminal."

At the press conference, Bloom was asked if Sabbag knew that Hart was married at the time of their encounter. "I'm not going to answer that question," she said.

Copyright 2017 FOX 11 Los AngelesDownload our mobile app for breaking news alerts or to watch FOX 11 News | Follow us on FacebookTwitter , Instagram and YouTube.

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In – includes Advertiser Stories