SAN MARINO, Calif. (FOX 11) - San Marino High School was on lockdown Monday morning while authorities investigated a threat of a shooting made against a student, police said.
The lockdown was lifted at 10:30 a.m. after authorities determined no existing threat at the school. One person was taken into custody for alleged criminal threats, the San Marino Police Department said.
“No other subjects or suspects are involved. The SMPD has determined that it is safe for school to resume,” police said.
A call was reported just before 5:30 a.m. to the school, located in the 2700 block of Huntington Drive in San Marino, according to the San Marino Police Department.
“Early this morning, San Marino High School Principal Issaic Gates received a call from San Marino Police Department informing him of a specific violent threat against a named SMHS student and possibly his friends,” the school said on its website. “SMPD Chief John Incontro communicated with Interim Superintendent Loren Kleinrock and other District administrators and determined that the threat was credible enough to be investigated.”
Students on campus had been told remain in lockdown out of an abundance of caution, school officials said. Students not yet on campus were advised to remain home until the threat was investigated.
“SMHS students should return to campus for 4th period, which begins today at 11:10 a.m. Students are welcome to return to campus at 10:30 a.m.,” the school announced