San Diego crematorium accident sends smoke containing human ashes into the air

- A malfunction at a San Diego crematorium sends clouds of smoke containing human remains into the air.    
It happened on Thursday at the Cortez Family Crematorium.
    
Fire authorities say it happened when an oven door failed to close while the furnace was in use.
    
That sent smoke out of the chimney and the open doors of the building giving off a toxic smell.
    
Firefighters were able to eventually shut the door.
    
No damage or flames outside of the oven were reported.

 

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In – includes Advertiser Stories