RIVERSIDE, Calif. (FOX 11) - People will pay their final respects Tuesday morning to a California Highway Patrol Sergeant who was killed in the line of duty.
California Highway Patrol Sgt. Steve Licon, 53, died on April 6, 2019, after he was struck by a vehicle while writing a traffic ticket for another vehicle on the 15 Freeway in Lake Elsinore. The 28-year CHP veteran suffered major injuries and despite the valiant efforts of the first responders on scene and medical professionals at Inland Valley Medical Center, succumbed to his injuries later that day.
- Drunk driver charged with murder in death of California Highway Patrol Sergeant Steve Licon
- Man arrested on suspicion of murder, DUI after crash kills CHP officer in Lake Elsinore
- CHP motorcycle officer killed after crash on 15 Fwy in Lake Elsinore
The procession will begin at 7:30 a.m. Tuesday. It will depart from Acheson & Graham Mortuary located at 7944 Magnolia Avenue. From there, it will make its way through city streets.
- The procession will proceed from Acheson and Graham Mortuary.
- Exiting the Mortuary right onto Magnolia Avenue to Madison Avenue.
- Left onto Madison Avenue, to Arlington Avenue.
- Left onto Arlington Avenue, to Adams Street.
- Right onto Adams Street and arrive at Harvest Christian Fellowship.
The memorial service will follow the procession at 10 a.m. at Harvest Christian Fellowship located at 6115 Arlington Ave.
A memorial account has been created for the family of Sergeant Licon through the California Association of Highway Patrolmen (CAHP) Credit Union.
Donations can be made online by clicking here or may be mailed to the CAHP Credit Union, P.O. Box 276507, Sacramento, CA 95826.