LOS ANGELES, CA (FOX 11) - Lyft is offering free rides to evacuees displaced by the SoCal fires.
The ridesharing company wants to help those who have been affected by the devastating fires with free rides up to $40 using code LASAFERIDES.
Evacuation centers Lyft is currently providing rides to:
• Ventura County Fairgrounds
• Nordhoff High School
• Oxnard College Gymnasium
• Santa Paula Community Center
• Fillmore Veterans Memorial
• Santa Barbara Multi Activity Center
• Balboa Recreation Center
• Van Nuys Recreation Center
• Delano Park
• Cheviot Hills Recreation Center
* Lyft is constantly reevaluating and expanding this list as more evacuation centers are added.
Statement from Lyft:
Allen Narcisse, Lyft Los Angeles General Manager: “We’re devastated by the fires in Southern California and our hearts go out to those who have been affected. We are currently working with local officials to develop a plan to offer rides to evacuation centers once the roads are clear, and we are focused on the safety of our drivers and Lyft community.”