HOLLYWOOD, CA (FOX 11) - Hundreds of people marched through Hollywood on Sunday to put out a clear message -- sexual harassment and violence against women must stop.
The march was to support a social media campaign called #MeToo, which has shown abuse against women as an unfair part of American life.
Fox 11's Leah Uko was there speaking with women who want to see this global campaign be more inclusive to women of color who are also victims of sexual abuse.
Jasmine Bush said she was raped at age 19.
"He wasn't violent, but I still told him no."
The 26-year-old said she had been dating a man she met on the internet.
She trusted him until one night he went too far.
"And he was pinning me down and i was like, 'no, no', and what can I do? He was bigger than me. I was like 120 pounds at the time."
She and other black women at the march felt helpless when it came to reporting sexual abuse and said the issue dated back to the country's history with slavery.
"Black women, there was a time in this country when it said lawfully that to rape a black women is impossible because her sex is promiscuous," said Tynyetta Dynear who was sexually abused several times.
"We can't forget low-income earning women, minority women, African American and Latino women!" Said a woman speaking on the stage.
At the march, their voices were heard.
Other minority women spoke about the abuse they saw in their communities.
A state senator joined the stage to speak about her plans to include women of color in this national dialogue of helping victims of abuse.