LOS ANGELES, Calif. (FOX 11) - Are you ready for Monday? Dr. David Samimi, an oculoplastic surgeon at Dignity Health California Hospital, gave some important tips for viewing the 2017 solar eclipse:
1. Do not use regular sunglasses
2. Do not use camera phones, telescopes, binoculars, etc.
3. Check glasses for scratches or breaks before using
4. Always read and follow instructions for solar glasses
5. Know when to put on and take off those glasses
Copyright 2017 FOX 11 Los Angeles: Download our mobile app for breaking news alerts or to watch FOX 11 News | Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Be a citizen journalist for FOX 11 and get paid – download the Fresco News App today.