Deputies Jacqueline Morales and Orlando Macias were on patrol in separate patrol cars when they saw thick smoke coming from a home on East Broadway in Temple City.
They quickly stopped and entered the house, looking for anyone who might be trapped inside and that's when a disoriented elderly man came to the door.
After making repeated entries into the heavy smoke, crawling on their hands and knees, they discovered a disabled elderly woman inside.
Deputy Morales and Deputy Macias carried the couple outside to safety.
The Los Angeles County Fire Department and San Gabriel City Fire responded and extinguished a grease fire located in the kitchen of the residence.
Both deputies were transported by San Gabriel City Fire to a local hospital where they were treated for smoke inhalation.
The elderly couple, female adult 89-years-old and male adult 87-years-old, were transported by Los Angeles County Fire to a local hospital where they were treated for smoke inhalation.
The quick actions of Deputy Morales and Deputy Macias, while placing themselves in harms way, undoubtedly saved the lives of this couple. The deputies' heroism is a reflection of their dedication to the communities served by Temple Station, and the representation of the core values of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department to the highest degree.