BOYLE HEIGHTS, Calif. (FOX 11 / CNS) - A fire broke out today in a building used to house a temporary classroom at Roosevelt Senior-Magnet High School in Boyle Heights and was being investigated as possible arson, the Los Angeles Fire Department reported.
The blaze at the high school at 456 S. Matthews St. was reported about 3:55 a.m., according to the fire department. No injuries were reported. The fire was contained to a one-story bungalow being used as a temporary classroom.
The flames began inside several trash cans placed around that building and a nearby second bungalow, according to the fire department.
A knockdown was declared at 4:16 a.m., according to the fire department.
Arson investigators were called to the scene and the fire remained under investigation.