March held in Compton after 1-year-old shot and killed in her crib

- A march and rally was held Sunday in Compton in honor of a 1-year-old girl who was shot and killed in her crib earlier this month.

Autumn Johnson was shot Feb. 9 in a crib inside the converted garage of a home near East San Marcus Street and North Holly Avenue, police said.  

Bullets fired into living area where her family was staying. Witnesses told sheriff's investigators that the attack was carried out by two males in a dark four-door sedan.

Detectives believe the shooting was gang-related. The infant, who suffered a round to the head, was not the target of the attackers, according to authorities.

On Sunday, the Compton Gang Prevention and Intervention Program hosted the march and rally in honor of Johnson with one message: "Save Our Children."

The Compton City Council has offered a $25,000 reward for information leading to the person or people involved in the shooting, which will be matched by both the Los Angeles City Council and the FBI.

Copyright 2016 FOX 11 Los AngelesDownload our mobile app for breaking news alerts or to watch FOX 11 News | Follow us on FacebookTwitter and YouTube.

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In – includes Advertiser Stories