Homes Evacuated After Police Standoff In Hawthorne

HAWTHORNE (CNS/FOX 11) - A barricade in Hawthorne ended safely Friday, and police were interviewing several people who came out of a home where a suspect had been sought.

Officers went to the residence near 145th Street and Doty Avenue about 5:30 a.m. to serve a search warrant, and a person refused to open the door, according to the Hawthorne Police Department.

A SWAT team was sent to the scene, and some evacuations were ordered in the area while officers tried to get the suspect to surrender, police said.

The standoff ended about 11 a.m., when the occupants of the residence came outside, police said. They were being interviewed.

The warrant was being served in connection with a non-injury shots-fired incident recently, according to news report.

Copyright 2015 FOX 11 Los Angeles | Download our mobile app for breaking news alerts | Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In – includes Advertiser Stories