5-year-old boy saves grandma in fire

A 5-year-old boy was really paying attention to a fire safety lesson in Southern California.

Nathaniel Stocks is credited with saving himself and his grandmother, from their burning home last Friday night.

Officials say the fire started in a space heater in his room.

Just two days earlier, Nathaniel had learned how to "stop, drop and roll" while visiting a San Bernardino County fire station.

So when he woke up coughing and saw the fire, he crawled on the floor to his grandma's room to wake her up.

The San Bernardino County Fire Department gave Nathaniel a plaque honoring his actions during a ceremony Monday.
 

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In – includes Advertiser Stories