(FOX 11) There are plenty of ways to hide your valuables at home or in the car, but what about while you're at the beach?
These easy life hacks will keep your belongings safe while you're frolicking in the sand and catching waves this summer:
1. Put your phone in a Ziploc bag to protect it from the elements.
2. Attach keys to a wine cork so they'll float in the water. Put a screw eye onto a key chain ring, then screw it into the cork.
3. If your flip flop breaks and your shoe won't stay on, use a plastic bread clip for a temporarily fix
4. Fill an ice cube tray with aloe vera gel and put it in the freezer. At the beach, you can use it on your skin to soothe a sunburn.
5. Empty the contents of chopstick or a highlighter, and then tightly roll your money and hide it inside. No one will steal a highlighter!
6. Put all your necessities (keys, money, credit cards, etc.) in a diaper and ball it up. No one will want to touch a dirty diaper!
Check out the photo gallery above.
Copyright 2015 FOX 11 Los Angeles | Download our mobile app for breaking news alerts or to watch FOX 11 News | Follow us on Facebook , Twitter and YouTube.