Macy's Drops Donald Trump, Flo Rida Pulls Out Of Miss USA Pageant

(FOX 11 / AP) Rapper Flo Rida has pulled out of his guest appearance at the "Miss USA" pageant later this month and Macy's has dumped Donald Trump, part of the continued fallout over the GOP hopeful's remarks about Mexican immigrants during his presidential campaign announcement.

A representative of the platinum-selling rapper confirmed that Flo Rida won't be performing at the July 12 pageant in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The pageant lost both its co-hosts Tuesday, with "Dancing with the Stars" Cheryl Burke and MSNBC anchor Thomas Roberts bowing out.

Earlier Thursday, Macy's became the latest company to end its relationship with Trump. Companies have been cutting ties with Trump left and right after his presidential campaign kickoff speech last week in which he declared that some Mexican immigrants bring drugs and crime to the U.S. and are rapists.

NBC, Spanish-language station Univision, TV company Ora TV and Mexican TV network Televisa have cut ties with Trump. The developer is suing Univision for $500 million for breach of contract for dropping the Miss USA and Miss Universe pageants, which are a joint venture between NBC and Trump. The pageant will be live-streamed on the Miss USA website.

Macy's said in a statement that the retailer is "disappointed and distressed" by Trump's remarks and will end its relationship with him.

Macy's has carried a Donald Trump menswear line since 2004, including $70 button down-shirts and $65 striped ties. Most items were heavily discounted on Macy's website on Wednesday.

"We have no tolerance for discrimination in any form," the company said in a statement. "We welcome all customers, and respect for the dignity of all people is a cornerstone of our culture."

The move comes after an outcry on social media, including online petitions, for Macy's to drop the line.

Last week, the hosts of the Univision simulcast, Roselyn Sanchez and Cristian de la Fuente, said they wouldn't take part in the Spanish-language telecast.

The Ricky Martin Foundation also announced Tuesday it would withdraw a golf tournament from a Trump-owned property.

Copyright 2015 FOX 11 Los Angeles : Download our mobile app for breaking news alerts or to watch FOX 11 News | Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In – includes Advertiser Stories