Dog had stuffed polar bear in stomach

A veterinarian helped save the life of an ailing New Mexico dog after discovering the source of the pup's pain — a 6-inch long, 2-inch wide stuffed polar bear.

Santa Fe Animal Humane officials say hat the bear was discovered in the dog's stomach during surgery.  The stuffed toy, which they initially thought was a teddy bear, still had a bow tied to it.

A veterinarian said the dog named "Honey" had been vomiting for about a week and was near death.

The dog is now expected to survive and went home on Tuesday.

In a statement on their Facebook page the Santa Fe Animal Shelter & Humane Society stated:  "We're so happy we were able to help her out - a couple more days and she would not have made it."

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In – includes Advertiser Stories