LOS ANGELES, Calif. (FOX 11) - Looking for Halloween party treat ideas? Look no further!
• 12 cooked meatballs (abut 1 1/2’ round)
• 1 pkg refrigerated crescent rolls
• black olives, chopped into small black "eye" sized pieces
• 2 tablespoons cream cheese (to stick eyes on with)
• 1 jar favorite marinara sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Roll out the crescent dough, and cut into long strips. Individually wrap the strips of crescent dough around each of the meatballs, being sure to leave room towards the top for the eyes.
3. Bake at 350° for 7-10 minutes Or until the dough is golden brown. Let cool for a minute then add a small dollop of cream cheese to the backside of each olive eye piece, then stick on the meatball where you left the opening for the eyes. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
Makes 4 liters with 12 oral syringes of monster blood
• 6 ounce package lime jello
• 2 cups boiling water
• 1 liter club soda
• 2 liters Sprite or 7-Up
• 3 cups pineapple juice
• Dry ice
Pour jello mix and hot water in large punch bowl/cauldron. Stir until dissolved. Add remaining ingredients except dry Ice and stir. Add dry ice just before serving! Use a ladle to pour into individual punch cups with additional dry ice if wanted.
Monster Blood syringes
2 cups fresh Blueberries
1/4 cup sugar
12 oral syringes (you may ask your pharmacist for these, they have them behind the counter. Ask for 5 or 10ml size)
1. Puree blueberries in small bowl. Pour into saucepan with sugar and place over medium-low to medium heat. Bring to a bubble and stir constantly until color has deepened to a dark purple and mixture has thickened, about 2-3 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and, using a rubber scraper, transfer to a small glass bowl or cup. Purée with a hand blender until most of the blueberry skin is completely blended in. Push through a fine sieve or tea strainer into a small glass bowl and let cool for about 5 minutes.
3. Place each syringe into bowl and pull back stopper to fill syringe. Do not fill all the way if syringe is larger than 5ml (one tablespoon). Guests may squirt into their drinks before drinking for a spooky good time!